TIAHCO advocates building "green." Simply stated, when you build green, you use your resources efficiently to construct buildings that:
And how cost effective is building green?
- Improve human health
- Are good for the environment
- Provide cost savings
- A green building may cost more up front, but saves you money through lower operating costs over the life of the building, especially cooling and heating costs.
- TIAHCO's structurally insulated panelized building system creates an extremely well insulated and air tight building envelope. And an efficient building envelope is a critical component in green building.
- The degree of building tightness capable with structurally insulated panels gives better control over the quality of your indoor environment.
- The expanded polystyrene (EPS) in the panel core uses no ozone depleting CFC's or HCFC's in the manufacturing process.
- Our building process uses no environmentally damaging processes like overcutting of trees or mining for raw materials necessary for brick and block making
- On site construction waste is significantly reduced with minimal cutting required in the field.
- In the first year of installation, the average panel home saves 19 times the energy it takes to make the EPS insulation.
- And any excess EPS waste created during the manufacturing process is recycled to make other EPS products.